от Уикипедия, свободната енциклопедия
„О! Сузана“ (на английски език - "Oh! Susanna", понякога наричана неправилно с името "Banjo on My Knee") е песен, написана от американеца Стивън Фостър и изпълнена от него за първи път на 25 февруари 1848 г.
Музикален акомпанимент[редактиране | редактиране на кода]
Оригинален текст[редактиране | редактиране на кода]
- Oh I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee,
- I'm going to Louisiana, my true love for to see
- It rained all night the day I left, the weather it was dry
- The sun so hot I froze to death; Susanna, don't you cry.
- Oh, Susanna, don't you cry for me
- For I come from Alabama,
- With my banjo on my knee.
- I had a dream the other night when everything was still,
- I thought I saw Susanna coming up the hill,
- The buckwheat cake was in her mouth, the tear was in her eye,
- I said I'm coming from Dixieland, Susanna don't you cry.
- I soon will be in New Orleans and then I'll look around
- And when I find my gal Susanne, I'll fall upon the ground
- But if I do not find you there, then I will surely die
- And when I'm dead and buried, Susanna don't you cry.
- I jump'd aboard the telegraph and trabbled down de ribber,
- De lectrick fluid magnified, and kill'd five hundred Nigga.
- De bulgine bust and de hoss ran off, I really thought I'd die;
- I shut my eyes to hold my bref -- Susanna don't you cry.